RE: Animation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47105] RE: [mg47084] Animation
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:55:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Add the following commands right after the Do loop and in the same cell.

SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell]
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]; Pause[0.5];
FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`SelectionAnimate[200, AnimationDisplayTime -> 0.1,
      AnimationDirection -> Forward]}]

If you have the DrawGraphics palette, you can paste them in from the "A"
button on the palette.

Also remember that often a good way to view an animation is to use the arrow
keys, the "p" and "c" keys and the number keys on the number pad.

David Park
djmp at

From: Bruce W. Colletti [mailto:bcolletti at]
To: mathgroup at

Re Mathematica under WinXP Home.

I wish to animate a graphic whose profiles are created via a Do loop.
That's easy enough:  select the output cells and then Cell/Animate.

However, I'd rather group output cells, collapse them (by doubleclicking
the group's  bar) and then doubleclick the sole visible output.

Question:  What is the command that will group the cells and then
collapse them?