RE: Animation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47105] RE: [mg47084] Animation
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:55:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Bruce,

Add the following commands right after the Do loop and in the same cell.

SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell]
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]; Pause[0.5];
FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`SelectionAnimate[200, AnimationDisplayTime -> 0.1,
      AnimationDirection -> Forward]}]

If you have the DrawGraphics palette, you can paste them in from the "A"
button on the palette.

Also remember that often a good way to view an animation is to use the arrow
keys, the "p" and "c" keys and the number keys on the number pad.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Bruce W. Colletti [mailto:bcolletti at compuserve.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Re Mathematica 5.0.1.0 under WinXP Home.

I wish to animate a graphic whose profiles are created via a Do loop.
That's easy enough:  select the output cells and then Cell/Animate.

However, I'd rather group output cells, collapse them (by doubleclicking
the group's  bar) and then doubleclick the sole visible output.

Question:  What is the command that will group the cells and then
collapse them?

Thanks.

Bruce