Tick Labels Example

Hi All,

    I'm sure its been posted here before in the past (is there a
newsgroup archive that is searchable?), but could some one post an
example of how to get the Tick Labels in  a 2D Plot  displayed  in
something other  than the  "Default" settings.  for example, change the
font size, and  the "Boldness" attribute.  Any simple example will do.
I don't need to produce any new  tick marks than what the  default
gives,   I just want them to appear more visible.   Thanks  in advance!!
....Terry