Constant function Integrate Assumption

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47203] Constant function Integrate Assumption
  • From: dsr14 at cornell.edu (Daryl Reece)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:01:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to use units within an Integration and would like
Mathematica to understand that the units (Month) are not a function of
the integration variable, but I have not had any luck with my
attempts.

Specifically

Integrate[UnitStep[t Months], t]

should yield

t UnitStep[t]

but I get the unevaluated form, because Mathematica does not know how to
assume that Month is not a function of t.

I've tried Assumptions, SetAttribute, Replace...to no avail.  I've
also hunted extensively online (Wolfram, this group and MathGroup)
without any results, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Daryl