Constant function Integrate Assumption

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg47203] Constant function Integrate Assumption
  • From: dsr14 at (Daryl Reece)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 04:01:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am trying to use units within an Integration and would like
Mathematica to understand that the units (Month) are not a function of
the integration variable, but I have not had any luck with my

Integrate[UnitStep[t Months], t]

should yield

t UnitStep[t]

but I get the unevaluated form, because Mathematica does not know how to
assume that Month is not a function of t.

I've tried Assumptions, SetAttribute, no avail.  I've
also hunted extensively online (Wolfram, this group and MathGroup)
without any results, so any help would be greatly appreciated.