Re: Remove["Global`"] ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47967] Re: Remove["Global`"] ??
- From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 01:08:48 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <c72eaf$pj$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net> wrote: > > I am guessing you are trying to remove all symbols from the Global` context. > If so, should have typed Remove["Global`*"] instead of what you did type. > I'm in the habit of putting Remove["Global`*"] as the first expression in the first evaluatable cell of my notebooks, so that reevaluations of the entire notebook produce a (more or less) clean start. In earlier versions of Matheamtica, this did not produce an error. In later versions it produces an error on the first evaluation of a freshly opened notebook. The workaround is to use x; Remove["Global`*"] instead.