Re: Remove["Global`"] ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47956] Re: Remove["Global`"] ??
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 04:50:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 5/1/04 at 2:43 AM, sean_incali at yahoo.com (sean kim) wrote: > consider the following error message, is that normal? or my install > go bad? > In:= ClearAll["Global`*"] > Off[General::"spell1"] > Off[General::"spell"] > Remove["Global`"] > From In:= Remove::rmnsm: There are no symbols matching > "Global`". Remove deletes symbols, not contexts. The string "Global`" refers to the Global` context and most definitely isn't a symbol. So, the error message correctly informs you it cannot find a symbol with name "Global`". I am guessing you are trying to remove all symbols from the Global` context. If so, should have typed Remove["Global`*"] instead of what you did type. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four