FullSimplify on Gamma functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48099] FullSimplify on Gamma functions
- From: Oleksandr Pavlyk <pavlyk at phys.psu.edu>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:08:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Penn State University; Department of Physics
- Reply-to: pavlyk at phys.psu.edu
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
a[m_]:=(q1)^m * Gamma[q2]/Gamma[2*m+q3];
simplifies ratio of gamma functions just fine.
FullSimplify[ a[m+1]/a[m] ]
fails to do so, leaving the ratio untouched.
FullSimplify[ (a[m+1]/a[m])^(-1) ]^(-1)
gives me what I expect.
I've been trying to assist FullSimplify with
to no avail. I would appreciate anybody illuminating
me on how to extend FullSimplify to handle this case.
Thank you in advance,
Prev by Date:
Mathematica & GIS
Next by Date:
Re: The Wave Equation : Mathematica vs. Mathworld
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica & GIS
Next by thread:
Re: FullSimplify on Gamma functions