Re: The Wave Equation : Mathematica vs. Mathworld
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48097] Re: The Wave Equation : Mathematica vs. Mathworld
- From: gilmar.rodriguez at nwfwmd.state.fl.us (Gilmar Rodr?guez Pierluissi)
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 00:08:24 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Nirmal Malapaka from Wolfram Research, Inc.'s Technical Support told
me that at present, DSolve cannot handle boundary/initial conditions
in partial differential equations. Perhaps, some day (in the not too
distant future) Mathematica version ? will be able to solve these
types of problems. I know that software should never be expected to
substitute human creativity and ingenuity, but I love when "the
machine" can validate a result reached after the arduous ascension of
human analysis, determination, and sheer guts.
Thank you all for your help!
Prev by Date:
FullSimplify on Gamma functions
Next by Date:
Re: Mandelbrot Set & Mathematica
Previous by thread:
Re: FullSimplify on Gamma functions
Next by thread:
tabControl help please?