Re: Eigensystem: different solution in V5.0 and V4.1 ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg48323] Re: Eigensystem: different solution in V5.0 and V4.1 ??
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 00:45:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 5/23/04 at 6:15 AM, ivo.bleylevens at facburfdaw.unimaas.nl (Ivo bleylevens) wrote: >I forgot to say (maybe the most important part of my message) that >the eigenvalues Mathematica 5.0 calculates, are the correct >eigenvalues when the notebook is ran at a AMD Athlon 1200 MHz or >AMD Duron 800 MHz PC and not on a Pentium4 2,6 GHz stand-alone >machine and a Pentium4 3,06 HT notebook !! >So: Mathematica 5.0 produces only the right solutions of >Eigensystem when you don't use a Pentium 4 processor ??? The only way I can see the specific cpu used making a difference is when you are using machine precision numbers and there is a difference between processors with respect to machine precision numbers. This would be most apparent for ill-conditioned systems. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four