Date format in Excel

Hello,

I am in Excel and work with Mathematica. I want to use a Excel Cell with
the format "date" so that I can call it und use it in another
mathematica function. But the format convert automatically to a standart
format so that i can't use the content of the cell in a function who
need a date.
Example:
- Cell M11: 25.05.2004
- =Math("Names";M11) gives me Names[38132]
Do you no if I can use the content of Cell M11 as a sting or make a List
of it ({25,05,2004}}?
I hope you can help me or guide me to a user group.
Thank you, have a nice day,

Carole Trousseau