Re: WTD: point intersection in space

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg48390] Re: [mg48363] WTD: point intersection in space
  • From: John Browne <jbrowne at>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:50:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

One way of approaching intersections is through Grassmann's regressive
See Chapters 3 and 4 at

If you would like any specific formulas generated that you don't find
here, please let me know.
(However, I will be incommunicado from now until June 16)

On 25/05/2004, at 9:18 PM, Don Taylor wrote:

> In n-dimensional euclidian space n (n-1)-dimensional objects
> intersect at a unique point.  For example, in 2-space 2 1-d
> lines intersect in a point, in 3-space 3 2-d planes intersect
> in a point.
> I'm trying to find the general pattern that solves for this
> in n-space.  At the moment I'd settle for seeing very similar
> developments for 2-space and 3-space.  Maybe from that I could
> guess what this would look like for n-space.

John Browne
School of Engineering and Science
Swinburne University of Technology
Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia