closing notebook cells

As I learned in mathgroup a few years ago I am using the following code
to close automatically my graphics groups.

CloseAnim[]:=(SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[],All,GeneratedCell];
      FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"];);
CloseAnim::usage = "CloseAnim[]";

For example:

Table[Show[Graphics[
        {Hue[Random[] ],Rectangle[{0,0},{1,1}]
          }]],{3}];
CloseAnim[];

The problem is that when I only generate a single cell "OpenCloseGroup"
will generate a beep.

Any idea on how to prevent that beep or test if GeneratedCell selected a
single or several cells?

Thanks

Luc