Re: Plotting scattergram

On 11/3/04 at 1:25 AM, mbekkali at gmail.com (Mukhtar) wrote:

>Is there a way to plot a scattergram.  I could not find anyting in
>statistics section, where one would expect to find it.  I have two
>vectors X and Y that I need to plot against each other.  As of now
>I have to export data to excel and do it there which is very
>inconvenient.

It isn't clear to me what you want to plot when you say you want to plot two vectors against each other. But, I am certain any plot that can be created in Excel can be created in Mathematica.

If what you want is to plot x,y pairs then

ListPlot[Transpose@{x,y}];

will do the trick. And if the built-in plotting functions are not adequate for your purposes, look at the packages in the Graphics hierarchy where you will find additonal plotting functions.