Re: Plotting scattergram

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51910] Re: Plotting scattergram
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:51:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On 11/3/04 at 1:25 AM, mbekkali at (Mukhtar) wrote:

>Is there a way to plot a scattergram.  I could not find anyting in
>statistics section, where one would expect to find it.  I have two
>vectors X and Y that I need to plot against each other.  As of now
>I have to export data to excel and do it there which is very

It isn't clear to me what you want to plot when you say you want to plot two vectors against each other. But, I am certain any plot that can be created in Excel can be created in Mathematica.

If what you want is to plot x,y pairs then

will do the trick. And if the built-in plotting functions are not adequate for your purposes, look at the packages in the Graphics hierarchy where you will find additonal plotting functions.