List element replacement.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51980] List element replacement.
- From: "Robert G. Wilson v" <rgwv at rgwv.com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 02:07:45 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: rgwv at rgwv.com
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Et al, HELP, I tried this once before but what I received back I could not make it work. Therefore I am following the adage that if at first you do not succeed then wait awhile, rethink, restate and resubmit. I have three lists of objects, sorted but not unioned, that is there are elements which will be repeated. Let us label them 'initial' list, 'compare' list, and 'replace' list. If all of the elements in the 'compare' list, including repeats, are in the 'initial' list, then remove those elements and put in the elements from the 'replace' list. Thank you in advance, Bob.