nonlinear programming with differential-algebraic constraints

Hi,

I want to estimate parameters p of a system of nonlinear differential
equations y'=F(y(t),p) using measured time series. I guess one would use
NMinimize to do that.

My simple question is if someone knows of a freely available mathematica
package or function that does that already.

Best,

joerg