Converting Dates to Mathematica Format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52070] Converting Dates to Mathematica Format
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:37:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Everyone,

Is there a simple way to convert dates imported as "Day/Month/Year" to
the Mathematica format of {Year, Month, Day}?  My dates are one column
in a matrix of data.  Mathematica appears to be treating them as
strings.  I used StringReplace to turn 15/10/2004 to 15,10,2004 but it
remains a string, of course.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  My alternative is to import
all of the dates as 20041510 so the ordinal ranking is maintained by
date calculations would not be possible.

	Greg