Re: TraditionalForm of expressions WITHOUT evaluating.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52177] Re: TraditionalForm of expressions WITHOUT evaluating.
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:30:13 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 11/13/04 at 4:40 AM, ncc1701zzz at hotmail.com (Nacho) wrote: >I would like to ask you how to do the following. >I want to input some expressions (in InputForm or StandardForm) and >display them in TraditionalForm but without evaluating them. >For example, if I do: >2+2 == 4 // TraditionalForm >I obtain "True" in a nice font ;) but not the "2+2 = 4". One simple way to achieve what you want would be to type 2+2 == 4 in a cell, do not evaluate by using shift-return, select the cell and go to Cell->ConvertTo->TraditionalForm Another way would be to set the default input form to TradiationalForm and do not evaluate the cell. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four