- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg52416] Projections
- From: pmarrone at poboxes.com (PMarrone)
- Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:05:02 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am a Calculus Professor. I want to know how I can use Mathematica to produce projections in the xy, xz and yz axis of level surfaces. For example, compute the volume of a region R bounded by the parabolic cylinder x = y^2 and the planes z = 0 and x + z = 1. In the process we need to compute the projection of the level surface in the xy, xz and yz axis.