Reads only part of file
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51163] Reads only part of file
- From: Steve Gray <stevebg at adelphia.net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 04:35:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
My previous post said that only part of my binary file was reading in. Further investigation
shows that Mathematica stopped reading when it got to a data byte value of $1A = 26, which is an EOF value.
Help says it will do this but does NOT say how to keep reading the file. Obviously in a
binary file any value must be readable. I am getting around this for now by changing all the 1A's to
1B's with a hex file editor (which does NOT have trouble reading past EOF's), but this is a pretty
Is there a better way? Thanks for any leads.
Prev by Date:
Re: A way around the limitations of Re and Im
Next by Date:
"Notes for this message have not yet been added"?
Previous by thread:
Newbie facing $RecursionLimit and Stack Space on OSX
Next by thread:
Re: Reads only part of file