Mathgroup posting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51333] Mathgroup posting
  • From: Michael Trott <mtrott at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:37:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup members,

I'm glad that today I can announce that the Programming volume and the
Graphics volume of the Mathematica GuideBooks have been printed and
are available.

Many of you have mailed me over the last years or posted to his group
and asked when they will be out. This long publishing adventure,
which started back in 1991 with a 1600+ page manuscript, and continued
with a contract to publish the book in September 1994, has had five editors and
now (finally) has reached the state of two printed books.

The books have been updated repeatedly over the years and are
Mathematica 4 and 5 compatible.

Every volume comes with a DVD containing the evaluated notebooks for
that volume, and the  unevaluated notebooks for the other three
volumes.

The table of contents, preface, introduction, additions, additional
problems and solutions, and related material can be found at:

http://www.mathematicaguidebooks.org/

I hope the books will be useful for some of you Mathematica users.

Michael Trott