Re: Change head, with Apply?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51300] Re: [mg51287] Change head, with Apply?
  • From: Matteo Delfino <delfino at studenti.ph.unito.it>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 06:35:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Brian Christensen ha scritto:
> I have made a function that contains Series[...], I need to add some
> ekstra to this and therefor i use Normal[Series[...]]+R. If i use
> Head[%], it shows "Plus" And i would like to change this to
> TaylorSeriesData, How do i do this? I have tried a lot, but i cant get
> anywhere. If i do not use Normal, Head will return "SeriesData", but i
> need to add the R
> How do i change the function to TaylorSeriesData?
> -Brian
Try using Apply in this way:

In[1]: Normal[Series[f[x],{x,x0,n}]]+R
Out[1]:....

In[2]: SeriesData @@ {x,x0,{%1},nmin,nmax,den}
Out[2]: (hope It is what you meant)

The effect is the same as having not normalized the Taylor series:

Series[...]+R

The output has "SeriesData" head and therefore contains residuals.

Hope It helps.
Matteo Delfino