Formatting numbers for output

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg51508] Formatting numbers for output
  • From: Alex Gittens <rubberduckie at>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:21:38 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm trying to construct a GridBox with entries that have 2 digits
after the decimal. So far, the only way I've seen to get rid of the
NumberMarks is to use
SetPrecision[x, :inf:], but that makes all the numbers into fractions.
Is there a better alternative?

The heart of mathematics consists of concrete examples and concrete problems.