Re: Formatting numbers for output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51538] Re: Formatting numbers for output
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:21:05 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here is an example of what you could do:

Map[NumberForm[#,{4,2},NumberPadding->{"","0"}]&,Table[Random[],{10}]]

This generates a list of 10 random numbers in the range [0,1], and the {4,2}
in NumberForm displays them as 4 digit reals with 2 digits to the right of
the decimal point. The key trick is to use the option
NumberPadding->{"","0"}.

Steve Luttrell

news:cl4tlm$8hs$1 at smc.vnet.net...