Re: can't MATHEMATICA simplify simple expressions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg51546] Re: can't MATHEMATICA simplify simple expressions?
- From: "xideum" <xideum at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:21:27 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Good observation. I think it's because Mathematica uses an uncommon algorithim to do its calculations -- which is why it can (or COULD, I haven't really tested it out too much in 5) be difficult to get Mathematica to show the steps it took to reach an answer.