Another bizarre phenomenon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51598] Another bizarre phenomenon
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at adelphia.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:53:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I replaced a 3-letter symbol with another 3-letter symbol, looking at
eachsearch and replacement. All seemed ok. Then I tried to execute the
file and it went nuts. I somehow found that if I removed JUST ONE SPACE
between the Module list of local symbols in a function definition line,
and a comment on the same line, all was OK again.  Wow. This happened
at least twice, identically. Any comments?

Steve Gray