Re: Use of large memory

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg50438] Re: Use of large memory
  • From: fei.fzhou at (Fei)
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 03:36:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have been running Mathematica on HP tru64 unix, linux + Xeon, linux
+ Itanium2 and SunOS machines, all with more than 4 GB of memory, but
mathematica cannot handle any matrix larger than 2GB. When one
allocates several smaller matrices with total memory > 2GB,
MemoryUsed[] is negative. This is quite disappointing. Could any
person from Wolfram explain what is happening?