Re: sorry, but more q's on random numbers

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg50516] Re: sorry, but more q's on random numbers
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 05:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

learn to type

and hit Ctrl-Enter. And what comes out:

"Random[ ] gives a uniformly distributed pseudorandom Real in the range
0 to \
1. Random[type, range] gives a pseudorandom number of the specified
type, \
lying in the specified range. Possible types are: Integer, Real and
Complex. \
The default range is 0 to 1. You can give the range {min, max}
explicitly; a \
range specification of max is equivalent to {0, max}"

may be the the random numbers are uniform distributed and
just scaled into the desired range ???