Re: Outline view?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50738] Re: [mg50681] Outline view?
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 05:49:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Let's say you have created a Section header "Section 1".
1) Select the bracket at the right. If there is already something in the
section select the inner bracket. Or you can just put the cursor anywhere
within the section heading cell.
2) Use Shift-Ctrl-E to show the underlying cell expression. You will see...
Cell["Section 1", "Section"]
3) Edit this expression to the following...
Cell["Section 1", "Section",
4) Use Shift-Ctrl-E again to return to the regular cell display.
The icon will only display if there are subordinate cells in the Section.
With this method you have to copy the ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon option into
each grouping cell in which you want the icon.
An alternative is to use the Option Inspector.
1) Bring up the Option Inspector with Shift-Ctrl-O.
2) Set Show option values to notebook.
3) Go to Cell Options\Display Options and set ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon to True
by checking the box on the right.
The only trouble with this is that it sets the icons for ALL cell groups
including Input/Output cell groupings. I would rather have it only at the
Section, Subsection and Subsubsection groups.
A third option is to make your own style sheet and set the
ShowGroupOpenCloseIcon in the specific cell types that you want it.
djmp at earthlink.net
From: Tor [mailto:live4mac at yahoo.no]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Bought Mathematica yesterday, and I'm not able to find the following
information in the Help Browser nor on Wolfram's website:
How do you insert an outline view arrow in a notebook?
Like the ones the Help Browser uses to hide/show "Further Examples"...
Any help would be appreciated!
live4mac at yahoo.no
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With
our thoughts, we make the world.
Prev by Date:
Re: Plot Question
Next by Date:
Re: plotting the derivative of a splined/interpolated function
Previous by thread:
Re: Outline view?
Next by thread:
100/3 in a file