trouble getting Mathematica to work remotely under X-Win32
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50877] trouble getting Mathematica to work remotely under X-Win32
- From: napofrog at hotmail.com (Roger Levy)
- Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:55:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm having trouble getting Mathematica 5 (installed on a campus Unix
server) working remotely on my Windows 2000 machine, where I'm using
X-Win32 (version 5.0.3). I've obtained PCF fonts from Wolfram at
put them in a new Math_PCF directory within ...\X-Win32\Lib\Fonts,
added the directory to my fontpath, and reset the X server. I still
get the following error:
The Mathematica fonts are not properly installed on your system.
Without these fonts, typeset mathematical expressions cannot be
and then the warning:
Unable to find font with family Mathematica1, weight Plain, slant
Plain, and size 12. Substituting Courier.
and I don't get any nice mathematical signs to work with.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Prev by Date:
Simple questions with Complex Numbers
Next by Date:
Re: trimming a string
Previous by thread:
Re: Simple questions with Complex Numbers
Next by thread: