NDSolve errors with DAE

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55656] NDSolve errors with DAE
  • From: "Adel Elsabbagh" <amoneeb at glue.umd.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 05:36:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,

I am a new member in the group although I am using Mathematica for a
couple of years now.

I am trying to solve a system of Differential Algebraic Equations (DAE)
using NDSolve. In general, it works fine but when I try to increase the
load vector I get errors of the type, NDSolve::ndsz or NDSolve::ndstab.

I tried several NDSolve methods but none of them works. Did anyone ever
face similar problems? Is there some trick to overcome this?

Best regards,

Adel El-Sabbagh