cannot evaluate HelpBrowser input cells

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55719] cannot evaluate HelpBrowser input cells
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:59:29 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm once again having trouble with the HelpBrowser in Mathematica 5.1.1
under Windows: I cannot evaluate any input cell of anything in the Help
Browser, nor copy a cell or any part of the contents of a cell from a
Help Browser window to another notebook.

I know how to use the Options Inspector to make a notebook evaluatable,
etc.  But this does not seem to apply here since the problem affects ALL
Help Browser notebooks, both those supplied with Mathematica and 3rd
party add-ons.

How can this be fixed?

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305