Re: Recommendations for a programming book?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55799] Re: Recommendations for a programming book?
- From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby at onetel.net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 03:11:52 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
David Kirkby wrote: > I have the book "Programming in Mathematica" by Roman Maeder (1989), > based on version 1.2 of Mathematica. This assumes some familiarity with > the program, so does *not* start with 1+1=2. I like the book, but > thought it might be a bit dated now - remember my copy is 6 years old. My maths sure is bad In:= 2005-1989 Out= 16 so my copy of Maeder's book is 16 years old. Someone has pointed out there is a never version based on Mathematica 3.0, rather than the 1.2 of my book. -- Dr. David Kirkby, G8WRB Please check out http://www.g8wrb.org/ of if you live in Essex http://www.southminster-branch-line.org.uk/