Bug in Archive Searches

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55839] Bug in Archive Searches
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:10:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've notified WRI several times that searches at pages like

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2005/Mar/

under "Search the Archive" do not return complete results. For instance, searching for "Bug in Import" doesn't find the recent thread on that subject. There are over 2 dozen messages on that very page, but none of them show up in the search results.

In response, I've been thanked for making a "suggestion" and given this advice:

> One way to work around this issue is to search MathGroup via Google. For
> example, if you would like to search for "Bug in Import", you could search
> for:
>
> MathGroup "Bug in Import"

I was getting used to the fact that Help isn't searchable, but...

Now I'm to believe text searches in the archive are too hard, as well?

Bobby