Bug in Archive Searches

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55839] Bug in Archive Searches
  • From: DrBob <drbob at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:10:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've notified WRI several times that searches at pages like

under "Search the Archive" do not return complete results. For instance, searching for "Bug in Import" doesn't find the recent thread on that subject. There are over 2 dozen messages on that very page, but none of them show up in the search results.

In response, I've been thanked for making a "suggestion" and given this advice:

> One way to work around this issue is to search MathGroup via Google. For
> example, if you would like to search for "Bug in Import", you could search
> for:
> MathGroup "Bug in Import"

I was getting used to the fact that Help isn't searchable, but...

Now I'm to believe text searches in the archive are too hard, as well?