SetDirectory, Import

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55813] SetDirectory, Import
  • From: pshoplifter at (pshoplifter)
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 05:09:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I had a number of files to Import which at first had the whole (long)
path in the filename. This worked fine, but looks ugly, so I decided
to use SetDirectory to set it once and then have the filenames in the
import commands without the path.

It could not find the files so I started testing:

The output is:

File not found
<some other directory from mathematica>

Does the Import command change the current directory?
Any help appreciated.