Slow performance on OS X?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56535] Slow performance on OS X?
- From: Kenneth Bowman <k-bowman at null.tamu.edu>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 02:40:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Texas A&M University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I haven't used Mathematica in a year or two, so I have not bothered to upgrade
my 4.1.3 license. When I start it up now, however, it runs like molasses (on a
2.5 GHz, dual-processor G5 with 2 GB of RAM and OS X 10.3.9). I don't recall
any similar problems the last time I used it (on a G4).
I thought it might be issues with the old version, but MathReader 5.0.1 also
runs *very* slowly.
Are there any known issues that cause this behavior? (And any solutions?) I
don't want to spring for a new license and find that it does not resolve the
Thanks, Ken Bowman
Prev by Date:
something like dB
Next by Date:
Re: compiling the python mathlink module on python 2.3+
Previous by thread:
Re: something like dB
Next by thread:
Re: Slow performance on OS X?