Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56564] Re: Slow performance on OS X?
- From: "ragfield" <ragfield at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 03:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> 2.5 GHz, dual-processor G5 with 2 GB of RAM and OS X 10.3.9 I have the exact same machine you describe and I have never seen problems like this (at least 5.0 & 5.1, I don't have 4.1.5 or 4.2 handy). Try quitting & moving your ~/Library/Mathematica folder to your desktop to see if the problem still happens. Look at the CPU usage with the 'top' command or /Applications/Utilities/ActivityMonitor.app. Does Mathematica use excessive amounts of CPU time? -Rob