Re: Package development

I felt exactly the same way until Chris French recently introduced me

  AutoIndent -> False

as available in the option inspector.

AutoIndent is set to Automatic by default; set AutoIndent to False and
suddenly you can format your code again, all in the notebook FrontEnd.

(That said, I agree with David that the real problem is the instability
of comments.)

Trevor.