Re: Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg63433] Re: [mg63416] Retaining variable/function expressions from session to session
  • From: Clifford Martin <camartin at snet.net>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 06:40:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

If you use DumpSave to save the session at the end  of use then call it up the next time you use it your variables will  still be there.

  Good luck.

  Cliff

Charles Ashley <cka2 at adelphia.net> wrote:  Hi,

Is it possible to have variables and functions retain their assigned
expressions from session to session?  I'm working on a problem that
consists of a dozen variables and it seems odd that Mathematica
"forgets" the expression that I've assigned to each variable when I
close out of a session.  To date my solution has just been to "remind"
Mathematica of the assigned expression by reevaluating it each time I
start a new session, but there must be a better way.

Thanks

Charles Ashley

cka2 at adelphia.net