Create Permanent Self Defined Function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54118] Create Permanent Self Defined Function?
  • From: Mary Beth Mulcahy <Mary.Mulcahy at colorado.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:33:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Basically, I would like to create a new "built in" function that can be stored
in my Mathematica and used for future sessions like, for example, BesselJ[n,
z] or the Exp[] functions are.  I am doing this because I am playing around
with the OriginLab link and it would be much easier if I could just call a
function up while in Origin instead of typing it into the Mathematica
interface box.  I definitely can do it, but it would be slick to be able to
just call it up, even in Mathematica so that I didn't have to cut and paste
all the time.

Thanks,

Mary Beth

University of Colorado