Re: VertexStyle determined by List elements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54228] Re: [mg54135] VertexStyle determined by List elements
  • From: Henning Heiberg-Andersen <Henning.Heiberg-Andersen at fi.uib.no>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:17:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

During the time it took for my request to pass the queue I had time to
explore the faboluos capabilities of Mathematica, so here is a small
routine for plotting the values of eigenvector number m at the n
vertices of the graph g:

vec=Extract[N[Eigenvalues[SparseArray[ToAdjacencyMatrix[g]]]],m];

AssignColor[x_]:=If[x>0,Blue,Brown];

AssignDisk[x_,scale_]:={x,VertexColor->AssignColor[Extract[vec,x],
                       VertexStyle->Disk[Abs[vec,x]/scale]}

ScaleVertices[scale_]:=Table[AssignDisk[x,scale],{x,1,n}]

Now the m'th eigenvector will be visualized by typing:

ShowGraph[SetGraphOptions[g,ScaleVertices[15]]

(when 'scale' is chosen equal to 15).

Best regards,

Henning Heiberg-Andersen