Re: Missing Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg54274] Re: [mg54248] Missing Graphics
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:38:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The following works.

g = Plot3D[Sin@x Cos@y, {x, -Pi, Pi}, {y, -Pi, Pi},
      DisplayFunction -> Identity];

Scan[Show[#@g ,
        DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction] &, {SurfaceGraphics, Graphics,

But if we leave the DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction out of the Show
statement, why does the Graphics case display? I would expect none of them
to display. Is this another case where WRI has forgotten to copy over one of
the options in the graphics conversion routines?

David Park
djmp at

From: Bruce Colletti [mailto:vze269bv at]
To: mathgroup at

Re Mathematica 5.1.

This code displays (as intended) five versions of g (first two are same):

g = Plot3D[Sin@x Cos@y, {x, -PI, PI}, {y, -PI, PI}];

Scan[Show@#@g &, {SurfaceGraphics, Graphics, ContourGraphics,

However, when DisplayFunction->Identity is added to Plot3D, only the
SurfaceGraphics plot appears.  Why don't the others?