MultipleListPlot MakeSymbol Issue

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53404] MultipleListPlot MakeSymbol Issue
  • From: Pennyrue at
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 00:13:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am trying to rotate an elipse about a fixed point, so that
every pi/16, or so, increment is shown.  A sort or spirograph type effect.

So far I've got the elipse rotating around a circle, but the
axes stay fixed as it rotates, it looks like a fat football.

Is there a way to transform the myelipse list as it rotates
according to mycircle or the origin?

Another related question.  Increasing the size of myelipse is easily done by n*myelipse, but what about increasing the line thickness?

I assume there must be another package beyond standard add-ons
that can allow both of these tasks?

By the way I'm actually rotating complicated looking parametric equations following other parametric equations, I just thought a circle and elipse would be easy to visualize.  Thus a solution that would work for any object to follow the path around any other object with orientation towards the origin would be ideal.  For example, a W looking line rotating around a circle so the result is a starburst/ray effect.

Dimitri Vorkapich
pennyrue at