Re: Re: Export Animation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53422] Re: Re: Export Animation
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:31:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"David Annetts" <davidannetts at ihug.com.au> wrote in message
news:crsvqn$dta$1 at smc.vnet.net...

>> Here is an example of how to get animations into PowerPoint:
>>
>> g = Table[Plot[BesselJ[n, x], {x, 0, 10}, PlotRange -> {-0.5,
>> 1.}], {n, 0, 3, 0.1}]; Export[<filename>, g, "AVI"]
>>
>> You then import the movie (from the above file) into PowerPoint.
>
> That would save much time & effort over my solution.  What version of
> Mathematica
> does this apply to?  For 5.0 Windows, AVI is not a recognised Export
> format.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

AVI format exporting is in version 5.1.

An alternative is to export as an animated GIF which I know is also
available in versions older than 5.1. Remember to read the extensive
information on exporting GIFs that is available under the "Additional
Information" section of the Help Browser's information on Export.

Steve Luttrell