[Newbie] Ohm, Ampere, Volt units

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53426] [Newbie] Ohm, Ampere, Volt units
  • From: "Alexander Gro▀" <PLEASEAlexanderGrossREMOVETHIS at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:31:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi everyone,

me (a Mathematica beginner) was trying to let Mathematica do the work. I
have a very simple equation which I want Mathematica to solve and compute

Resistor = 1 Mega Ohm;
Voltage = 1 Milli Volt;
Current = Voltage / Resistor

Mathematica displays the solution of current in [Milli Volt] / [Mega Ohm].
That's not what I would like to see. I would like to resolve the units as

[Milli Volt] / [Mega Ohm] = [Milli Volt]/ [Mega [Volt / Ampere]] = [Nano

I tried the Convert[] function to achieve the desired output, but in vain.
Does anybody know how to tell Mathematica to display Ampere?

Thanks for your time and help.

Best regards,

Alexander Groß
Dipl.-Ing. (BA) für Informationstechnik