Re: Strange installation problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53480] Re: Strange installation problem
- From: "cfgauss" <cfgauss at u.washington.edu>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:54:24 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've taken everything out of the temp folders, and that didn't seem to help. I looked at task manager after it runs, though, and it does seem like the installer is hanging. I looked at the program files directory when I'm installing it, and I see it create the directory for mathematica, and files start to appear in it as it's installing, but right as the installation is finishing, it seems like all the files get deleted... I've tried running setup in various compatability modes, too, and that hasn't helped either. I was wondering if it could be some kind of conflict with Norton Anti-Virus that I have on my computer, or with something service pack 2 has done, but nothing I've done so far has seemed to help.