Mathematica 5.1 JLink problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53505] Mathematica 5.1 JLink problem
- From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:44:04 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200412050708.CAA26732@smc.vnet.net>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I've recently installed Mathematica 5.1 on a Mac OS X box (running
Panther 10.3.7). After copying the Mathematica 5.1.app bundle to
/Applications/ as the Administrator, then switching back to my ordinary
user account, I found that JLink could not be started. Evaluating
(from a fresh kernel session)
Gives, as error messages,
The separate Java user-interface link could not be established.
A link to the Java runtime could not be established.
However, if I evaluate the above when logged in as Administrator, JLink
starts just fine. JLink under Mathematica 5.0 (which I still have
installed as well) works just fine from my ordinary user account.
Any guesses as to what might be wrong?
Prev by Date:
Re: Problem with transformation rule of a function -- Another one
Next by Date:
Re: Strange installation problem
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Problem with transformation rule of a function -- Another one
Next by thread:
Re: Mathematica 5.1 JLink problem (solved)