Re: GUIKit: <<file quirk

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53565] Re: [mg53546] GUIKit: <<file quirk
  • From: Jeff Adams <jeffa at>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 05:08:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On Jan 16, 2005, at 9:24 PM, Andrew Dabrowski wrote:

> I've noticed that if you want to read a file into a running GUI you
> must
> be sure the file has semicolons after every line.  If the file e.g.
> contains
> f[2]=5
> f[3]=8
> the GUI kernel will understand this as
> f[2]=5 f[3]=8.
> If the file instead has the semicolons
> f[2]=5;
> f[3]=8;
> then it works fine.
> This means there will be a problem using Save[] to save function data,
> since Save[] does not put the semicolons in.
> Is there any easy workaround?

Get[] can load any file that was created with Save so you should be
able to
include Script[ Get["someSaveFile"]] within your GUIKit definition to
load any data
saved out with Save, or even a Script source file that is written not
to include semi-colon lines.

Perhaps you are talking about the actual content of an external Script
If you could forward me a specific example I can investigate where we
might be able to improve the current functionality.

Jeff Adams
Wolfram Research