  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53546] GUIKit: <<file quirk
  • From: Andrew Dabrowski <dabrowsa at indiana.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:24:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've noticed that if you want to read a file into a running GUI you must
be sure the file has semicolons after every line.  If the file e.g. contains

f[2]=5

f[3]=8

the GUI kernel will understand this as

f[2]=5 f[3]=8.

If the file instead has the semicolons

f[2]=5;

f[3]=8;

then it works fine.

This means there will be a problem using Save[] to save function data,
since Save[] does not put the semicolons in.

Is there any easy workaround?