Is Apart[ .. ] the correct way for denominator splitting?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58527] Is Apart[ .. ] the correct way for denominator splitting?
- From: Jos Bergervoet <Jos.MyName at Philips.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:11:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Philips Research Eindhoven
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
When I ask for: Apart[2/(x^2-1), x] I nicely get: 1/(x-1) - 1/(x+1) But unfortunately Apart[2/(2x^2-1), x] does not give the same splitting of the denominator ( it just gives back 2/(2x^2-1) ). What is the correct way to see the denominator splitting with all terms first order (as one would use for integration, etc.) I found Andrzej Kozlowski's answer in message http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/4c9741832668c3b7 from 2001, but I was wondering whether in the mean time a built-in function might have been added? -- Jos