Re: Urgent

Bruno Vicente wrote:
> I need help solving the Laplace equation in three dimensions using Mathematica. Due to the geometric configuration I used     oblate and prolate spheroidal coordinates.
> You can see the equations I'm using in:
>
> http://mathematica.no.sapo.pt/index.html

Particular solutions are possible as series of products of exponentials
in phi, Legendre polynomials of the first L^m_n kind of cos theta and
the second kind Q^m_n of cosh eta, also expressible by spherical
harmonics Y_lm(cos theta) * Q^m_n (cosh eta).

Make a product ansatz

<< Calculus`VectorAnalysis`

SetCoordinates[OblateSpheroidal[theta, eta, phi, a]]

F=F1[theta]*F2[eta]*F3[phi]]

Laplacian[ F ]/F //
FullSimplify //
Expand

and separate the terms depending on one variable only. You have to solve
three eigenvalue ODE's and then you select the fourier sum over the
eigenvalue-indexed products to fit your boundary values.

--

Roland Franzius