NotationPalette with Ersek's SubscriptSymbols package

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58609] NotationPalette with Ersek's SubscriptSymbols package
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 05:12:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'm having trouble with the function NotationPalette[] from Ted Ersek's
SubscriptSymbols package.

I installed the package in directory

  ToFileName[{$TopDirectory, "AddOns", "ExtraPackages", "Utilities"}]

per instructions (including creating the package file from notebook

But I had to edit the definition in it of function NotationPalette[] to

   NotationPalette[] := (
        {$TopDirectory, "AddOns", "ExtraPackages", "Utilities", "
           Palettes", "English"}, "NotationPalette.nb"] ];)

so as to use the correct location for NotationPalette.nb under
Mathematica 5.2.  (This is the correct place with Mathematica 5.1, as well.)

After loading SubscriptSymbols` in the normal way, if I evaluate

I get an error message, "The file you tried to open was not found, or
could not be opened."

However, if I directly evaluate in an input cell the expression

       {$TopDirectory, "AddOns", "ExtraPackages", "Utilities", "
           Palettes", "English"}, "NotationPalette.nb"] ];

then I do get the NotationPalette to open.

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305